A provider’s fee schedule will based on their composite score.
Penalties take effect in 2019 but are based on actions taken in 2017.
There are three exceptions. They are:
- Physicians billing less than or equal to $30,00 in charges to Medicare for 100 or fewer patients
- Physicians in their first year of enrollment
- Physicians participating in APM
For 2017 & 2018 Requirements are for Physicians (MD/DO and DMD/DDS, Physician Assistants, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists
In 2019 it is expanded to include physical and occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, audiologists, nurse midwives, clinical social workers, clinical psychologists, and dietitians/nutritional professionals
So mental health, physical therapy, audiologists, and a few others are not affected until 2019
There are 4 performance categories:
- PQRS- 60%
- EHR- 25%
- Clinical Practice Improvement – 15%
- Resource Use- 0% (not used in 2017, but will be in 2018 and on)
This means that a huge 85% of the score is based on PQRS and EHR.